02 September 2016

Friday and a long Weekend!

Going to do some more sewing on this nice long weekend!

Looking back at my last post, I am disappointed to say that not much got done this week. Been feeling a bit under the weather so I also didn't ride my bike in to work all week. <sad face>

I did get a few more 5" D4P squares completed.

I am going to whip out a mini project this weekend with the Shadow box mini quilt-along (https://colorcreatingandquilting.blogspot.com/2016/08/shadow-block-mini-quilt-along.html). This looks like a lot of fun.

I am going to experiment with some of my gifted browns. This is a color that I haven't really liked. In the past, I would say that I actively DISliked it. Since then, I used it in an attic windows quilt and must say that it looked really great, to my vast surprise.

Looking forward to stitching up a storm on this coming long weekend!

To Do List:
1. Shadow Box Mini Quilt 
2. Add the final yellow border to my blue and yellow Ohio Stars flimsy.
3. Add the final white border to my 16-patch star quilt.
4. Do some more quilting on my red and white Storm at Sea wall hanging (a John Flynn kit that I purchased at MAQF in Feb 2015). I am quilting it with my walking foot, easy but I am quilting the snot out of it so it takes time. 
5. Sew some more 2" squares L/E fashion for my 100-block quilt.
6. Sew some more 3.5" bowties for my Bowtie L/E project (Bonnie Hunter bowie pattern but NOT using Cheddar for the background - shudder - I'm using white Kona). These are so cute, I want to pinch their cheeks, if they had any.
7. Sandwich and pin my blue and yellow Ohio Stars top (so that means I have to do #2 right away!!)

Busy planning...


No comments:

Post a Comment