23 September 2016

5" D4P growing

Rows 1 & 2 are together and Row 3 is pinned, awaiting my return home.

Last night was spent preparing for Saturday's workshop with Nova Montgomery in Williamsburg, learning to maintenance my (April 1947) 221 featherweight sewing machine.

Its decals are in sad shape and paint is gone in spots.

When I opened the shipping box (bought it on ebay), it had been doing the pogo stick on its spool pin, hammering it through the top of the matching 221 box and breaking it off. Boy, was I mad about that!

But she sews just fine and that's the important part.

I haven't tried winding bobbins (and I only have two) so we'll see about that function on Saturday. I suspect I will be buying a few items to keep her running well.

I did buy two replacement LED bulbs via the internet, right before we moved back home. I need to find them. The regular bulb runs really HOT!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment