06 September 2016

4" Disappearing 4-patch - in progress

So I didn't get everything done that I had wanted to. Still fighting with my head cold.

DH asked for my help while he cut a huge busted limb from our ash tree. Definitely a worry but he got it down with no problems, resulting in a huge truckload of limbs that he took to the dump the next day. I should have taken pictures...

Here is the tree where the piece came off after he cleaned it up.


And the whole tree... it's a big one..

And here is what is left over to be cut up.... O, and it's not next to the original tree because, well, men and tractors, what can I say? DH shoved it all over the place until he got it where he liked it.



Laid out several WIPs on the design bed this weekend.

Here is my 4" D4P with the individual rows put together, awaiting an ironing prior to the final sew-up.





Then there is the shadow box quilt. Here is the point where I realized I needed 3 more blocks...



It is still not finished but here it is also awaiting an ironing and then more sewing for the white between the rows and on the outsides. I am calling this Fall Shadows.


This morning before work, I got the rest of the 5" D4P sliced up and pinned. It is sitting by the sewing machine waiting for me to get home again.


I sewed the 10th row on one of my 100-patch blocks so that is also awaiting white borders. I have another partial block started as I sewed and added row 2 this weekend.

Made 10-11 more 3.5" unfinished bow-tie blocks this weekend.

Quilt borders are still calling my name....


No comments:

Post a Comment