03 February 2020

My Quilting Space & Deep Stash

I guess this is more of a confession posting. I have taken pictures of my quilting space and my deep stash.

When Mom finally admitted that she was not going to quilt any more (she is 88), I gained her stash. Also, her sister, my aunt, had passed away a few years ago and Mom also got that as well so I got, like, two stashes to add to my own, not-insignificant stash.

The method to my madness is to fold the fabric in half with selveges together, right-side showing. I iron the entire piece and then ruler-fold it with the fold to the left, and then in half again. I place it on my shelves with the fold showing.

Whenever I need a piece of fabric, all I need to do is unfold and slice the desired amount since it is already ironed and is immediately ready for use.

I am the out-of-sight, out-of-mind kind of quilter. I must see it to know I have it. (LOL)

So here comes the quilt space show.

Pictures taken in December 2019.

Coffee at my computer

Machine to the left of my coffee

Yup, I like old machines too.

Stash behind the sewing machine.

Stash to the right of my sewing machine

Stash behind the sewing machine
Add caption

Cutting Table, aka the Dining room table

My Wal-Mart batting purchase (1 of 2) - 96" x 9 yards!
Attic - Deep Stash

Attic Deep Stash 2

Attic Deep Stash 3

Attic Deep Stash 4

Attic Deep Stash 5

Attic Deep Stash 6 - More batting

No comments:

Post a Comment