30 July 2019

New quilt in the making

Here is a new quilt (in the making). I have made all of the blocks. They are 4.5 inches square and four will be sewn together to make a full block.

The quilt is the one on the front of this book "Triangle-Free Quilts" by Judy Hopkins, but I am making more squares and not the border:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1564773930/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Started July 2019. Pattern name: Arctic Nights from the book Triangle-Free Quilts by Judy Hopkins (2002). Original quilt is 6x8 layout. I am planning 7x9 layout and a different border, if any.

I used 43 strips of dark-to-medium strips and 43 white/light strips.

Part of the design was to cut an 11-inch strip and then cut one inch off of the pair. Instead I sewed both sides of the 11-inch set and now I have 43 1.5-inch strip-pairs.

I also got an extra two-patch per 11-inch strip pair so I have 43 two-patches that are 1.5 inches by 2.5 inches.



New quilt makings

And then there were ends of the 2.5 inch strips that were not used.  Good grief, that is that a big pile!
Leftover fabric

I need to figure out how to use these. Maybe on the back? Or should I make a border?

43 two-patches


43!

43  (1.5 inches wide by 11 inches long) strip-pairs. I guess some folks would have just thrown these away?!

If I sewed them together, I would have a quarter of a yard of fabric!!!

I have already started sewing the sets of four blocks together so more pictures will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment