12 September 2018

Mom's UFOs

Well, digging in Mom's stash is bringing her UFOs to the forefront.

I needed some mindless sewing over the weekend so I started working on a QAYG baby quilt. She had cut out all the strips selvage to selvage, all the batting squares and all of the backing. Easy.

As of Monday morning I had the squares finished, pin-basted and two of the squares half quilted.


Unquilted Stack and the back of one showing
 I just walking-foot quilted without marking and without trying to be too OCD about perfectly straight quilting. Looks cool!
Two squares half quilted
I'm planning on doing free-motion quilting on the other half with purple thread and swirls. But that requires re-threading so I will do all the walking-foot stuff first and come back and do the free-motion stuff later.

I guess I need to add this UFO to MY list now.

This morning I got four more quilted so I'm half done with the walking foot stuff. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment