26 September 2018

A New Start

All 12 blocks of the baby quilt are now quilted. I experimented with free-motion-quilting by button, i.e. I have a stop-start button on my machine and have never really used it. Takes some getting used to, but it's ok.

Mom left a generous amount of fabric around each block and I need to cut them all to the same size. I guess she was going to do a different sort of QAYG method than what I use.

So to do that, I needed to clear my cutting table. It's gotten a little stacked up. But, at the same time, my quilting group is starting to create quilts for the North Carolina Relief effort so OK I made a new start.

I found this very large deer panel in Mom's stash and she had also bought a lot of coordinating fabrics. And I mean, A LOT! Probably enough for two or more quilts. Golly!

After messing around (wasting time) designing in EQ8, I decided I am going to make a bricks-and-stepping-stones design around it (from Bonnie Hunter's free patterns) but mostly above and below it after framing the print with extra fabric so the blocks will fall correctly.

 I do really like this panel.


So I guess I need to name the baby quilt since it is almost a top. I think it's going to be "Baby Streak of Lightning QAYG."That's a mouthful!

The other one will be "Bricks and Stepping Stones with Deer." Hah! I am considering doing this one as QAYG also since the center is so very large.

I guess I now need to add them to my list of projects and count them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment