22 January 2018

A Finish and a new Featherweight!

I was fairly productive since my last post, in spite of having two grandsons running around the house for two days.

I layered and quilted two place mats (out of four). Need to cut the batting for the other two. The tops and backs are cut and waiting.

I bound my 5-inch D4P baby quilt and got it washed and dried by Sunday. I need to take a picture and measure it to determine my yardage used. Then it will be a totally official finish!

I cut out around 10 10.5-inch batting squares from scraps that were donated from my quilting group. One of the longarmers in the group had leftover batting after cutting it off of completed quilts. I guess she didn't want to just throw it away but she wasn't going to use it. YAY! I took it all since no one else wanted it.

I missed my quilting group this weekend but I had two grandsons with me for a sleep over. A very good reason to miss it.

DH made a lovely turkey for Saturday night dinner. My Mom was also with us so the table was very full. The house smelled so yummy all day!

On top of everything else, someone email me from a craigslist posting, a month after I sent my query about a sewing machine. ONE MONTH!

That began a two-day messaging session (off and on). He had taken the post down so I kept asking for better pictures. In the end, I ran out on Sunday at 12:30 pm and got another gorgeous Featherweight machine for $180!!!

It was in tip-top shape, case and all, even if it is a bit dirty. Even the case was in just about perfect condition! Cord was also excellent.

Just look at those decals!!

Lovely decals even it's a bit dirty



Even the manual!




Look at all those feet!

Even the insert and 5 bobbins

Serial number AH439168 - 1948

No comments:

Post a Comment