23 August 2020

Stars in My Garden - Completed!

 I completed my quilt as you go project Stars in My Garden last night. 

Boy! Was it a doozy! 121 inches by 92 inches. WOW!

Inspired by Alamosa Quilters post here:  http://alamosaquilter.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-tutorial-stars-and-scrappy-stripes.html 

This is a close up showing the Baptist fan quilting in the border.


The full view.

Here is another full length view and you can still see the Baptist fan at the bottom. Also, you can see the two colors in the LeMoyne Star in this pic.

Another view showing the Rapid-Fire Lemoyne Stars that I put at each corner. Two shades of yellow but you can't really tell in this photo.

Here is the reverse side. A completely different quilt!

A close up showing the star. I quilted in from the other side in black and used different bobbin thread to show on this side.

Another full view of the Garden side.

And here is the proof it's the same quilt, showing some of the front side.

I was so exhausted after applying the last two short borders and then binding it (by machine) last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment