11 October 2018

A new finish - two in one week!

I have a new finish, a Baby Streak of Lightning, and an old finish that I had never taken a photo of. Oops!

My new finish came from a UFO of Mom's that I found. She had started a log cabin baby quilt in QAYG-style. She had only done one round around the center yellow square. Many, many strips were all cut selvage to selvage. The batting was cut, as well as the backing.

So I finished the squares. Quilted them each and then joined them in the quilt-as-you-go style I use (the one Sharon Pederson shows in her books).

I free-motion-quilted the blue fabrics and I think they turned out quite uniform even though each was done separately.

Front view - Baby Streak of Lightning

Showing a peek of the back


Back View - Baby Streak of Lightning

So I finished this one in May 2018 but forgot to take a picture so here it is! This is handquilted, which I don't do a lot of.



No comments:

Post a Comment